Is there a way to ignore posts here?

What do you want to talk about?

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Is there a way to ignore posts here?

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 am

Is there a way to globally ignore posts by a specific user on this forum? I typically check in via the "View Unread Posts" page to see what's new and the Asisa-bot has now made that a useless pursuit. There's now a full page of its posts and I need to go through, one-by-one, to view them in order to clear them from this list... which, of course, refills itself a day later thanks to the iterative programming of the bot. Marking it as a Foe, unfortunately, doesn't help in this situation.

Any other options? Is there a "mark all as read" function somewhere that I'm missing?
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Is there a way to ignore posts here?

Postby Hermitas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:27 pm

Maybe try viewing the unread posts just for ones your interested in. Then exit, and on the front page, click the "mark forums read" for the whole forum. That might clear it.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby danica » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:50 pm

Gnosomai Emauton wrote:Is there a way to globally ignore posts by a specific user on this forum?

Click the username of the specific person, then select "add foe". It collapses their posts so that you don't see the content, but see that the posts are there.
I just did it, it works :D

EDIT: I've just read the whole of your post - well, the "add foe" at least makes it more bearable, by hiding the content of the troll's posts
Last edited by danica on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Takamba » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:51 pm

Hermitas wrote:Maybe try viewing the unread posts just for ones your interested in. Then exit, and on the front page, click the "mark forums read" for the whole forum. That might clear it.

Essentially, that's what I do.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Postby Gnosomai Emauton » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:04 pm

Hermitas wrote:Maybe try viewing the unread posts just for ones your interested in. Then exit, and on the front page, click the "mark forums read" for the whole forum. That might clear it.

Perfect. Thanks!
Go in all ways contrary to the world.
Gnosomai Emauton

Postby Asisa » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:14 am

danica wrote:
Gnosomai Emauton wrote:Is there a way to globally ignore posts by a specific user on this forum?

Click the username of the specific person, then select "add foe". It collapses their posts so that you don't see the content, but see that the posts are there.
I just did it, it works :D

EDIT: I've just read the whole of your post - well, the "add foe" at least makes it more bearable, by hiding the content of the troll's posts

:lol: Top! :2guns: :bat:
Asisa

Postby gerry456 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:53 am

Is Jim ok? Haven't heard from him in a while.
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Return to General Discussion