Chaos/Meme Magick and the New Right

Q&A and discussion on ceremonial magick

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Re: Chaos/Meme Magick and the New Right

Postby gerry456 » Mon Jan 02, 2017 1:29 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:
People are called to Nuit but many don't make it.

This can't be accurately distinguished by gender or race, though.

The question is, why is Thelema Eurocentric?

Is it? "Also the mantras and spells; the obeah and the wanga; the work of the wand and the work of the sword; these he shall learn and teach." Is this metaphorical, or was Crowley being instructed to learn and teach African-rooted Caribbean magick?

Yeah I agree and I stated that above in my Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:34 pm post where I wrote,

"Do I think that [i]Liber Al is a white supremacist document? Well if the Law is for All then All are called to attempt to align with that Law. Black rights? White rights? Working class rights? Women's rights? Thou has no right but to do thy will ....................

Cp 2 ; 17. Hear me, ye people of sighing!
The sorrows of pain and regret
Are left to the dead and the dying,
The folk that not know me as yet.

18. These are dead, these fellows; they feel not. We are not for the poor and sad: the lords of the earth are our kinsfolk. 19. Is a God to live in a dog? No! but the highest are of us. They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us. 20. Beauty and strength, leaping laughter and delicious languor, force and fire, are of us.

As you can see, no particular race, class or gender specified i.e. the addressees in those passages are not categorized as such.[/i]"
2.19 They shall rejoice, our chosen: who sorroweth is not of us.

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Postby gerry456 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:55 am

This frog-headed god of darkness. How does it relate to Set who is the god of darkness, jealousy, oppression and misery?

2.21 We have nothing with the outcast and the unfit: let them die in their misery. For they feel not. Compassion is the vice of kings: stamp down the wretched & the weak: this is the law of the strong: this is our law and the joy of the world.
gerry456

Postby Anchorite » Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:08 am

There is a hell of a lot of confusion about Kek and the alt-right. Unless you are in the front seat daily and sometimes hourly of the right blogs, twitter and youtube and have been there since gamergate I swear most of you won't understand what it is at all. But it's nothing that the media are telling you. Of course. Why would it be?
The truth is.
1.The alt right ie Stormfront do use Kek yes.(v small group who get trolled and mocked by 2+3)
2.Trolls also use kek. (largest group)
3.Center left , center right and liberals use kek. (second largest group but influences the larger group of trolls - yes there are that many trolls)
edit
The rest of it was explaining why and how the center left feel this way but. meh. Deleted. It's not helping anything.
Anchorite
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Hannah » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:35 am

Read through the article, the meaning of the synchronicity seems to stem from a particular subjective interpretation and culmination of symbols drawn from an incredibly vast range of possible connections and distinctions. What, why, and how this information has any prevalence at all to the connection of Trump's inauguration to some "new-right prophesy" is totally determinant on a predisposed view-set that is not synonymous with Thelema.
Will with a capital "W" in Thelema is different from the collective will of a socio-political faction intent to instill a leader in a governmental body through the use of internet "meme-magick." Anyone can push their will in a direction to achieve a desired mean, magick occurs in each moment through all motion.
Hannah
Copper Member
Copper Member

Postby gerry456 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:03 pm

Hannah wrote:Read through the article, the meaning of the synchronicity seems to stem from a particular subjective interpretation and culmination of symbols drawn from an incredibly vast range of possible connections and distinctions. What, why, and how this information has any prevalence at all to the connection of Trump's inauguration to some "new-right prophesy" is totally determinant on a predisposed view-set that is not synonymous with Thelema. Will with a capital "W" in Thelema is different from the collective will of a socio-political faction intent to instill a leader in a governmental body through the use of internet "meme-magick." Anyone can push their will in a direction to achieve a desired mean, magick occurs in each moment through all motion

I'm not so sure about that as part of Thelema is about belief in gods. Gods have a strange way of behaving and manifesting e.g. from Liber Al "1:64. I am the blue-lidded daughter of Sunset; I am the naked brilliance of the voluptuous night-sky." or, on a note appertaining to this thread the god may manifest as a sociological aggregate; "3:46. "I am the warrior Lord of the Forties: the Eighties cower before me, & are abased"

gerry456

Previous

Return to Magick