Children falling out of Tree

Per user request, here is a place to discuss dream interpretation.

Children falling out of Tree

Postby AliceKnewIt » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:55 am

I dreamed I saw a large bushy tree from some distance. The tree was full of children who had climbed it, maybe 30 children. They were far enough away that I could not make out their faces, they were silhouettes. The wind was blowing and the branches swayed. Then the children fell out of the tree. I saw the children at the top fall down through the branches. Some of them grabbed a branch on the way down and clung to it. But they could not hold their grip and eventually fell. The tree's branches went all the way down to the ground, so I could not see the children hit the ground, they were hidden in the leaves. Two adults, a man and a woman, went into the tree to rescue the children. They too fell out of the tree, but they emerged from the right side and walked off. I did not see what happened to the children.

I am guessing that the children are potentials. And that I cannot fulfill every potential I have. I have too many ideas and not enough time for all of them. The two adults, they emerge OK, but without the children. I am not sure what it means exactly.
AliceKnewIt
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Re: Children falling out of Tree

Postby Takamba » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:19 pm

You never mention how you felt. Where you gasping, wishing, wooshing, Beetlejuicing, horrified, glorified, dignified, mystified, deep fried? What*was going on* within you in your dream? That is the context.

Otherwise, it's chillin' pickin' season as far as I can see. Such wasted potentiality to let it rot in the field. Or if you identify female and have a belief in the limit of your ovaries's testimony to life - perhaps that.

or other things of course. It was your dream.
"If we are to have Beauty and Love, whether in begetting children or works of art, or what not, we must have perfect freedom to act, without fear or shame or any falsity."
Takamba
Nothing
Nothing

Postby AliceKnewIt » Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:06 am

Thank you.

The dream felt both sad and funny, in a slapstick way.
AliceKnewIt

Postby Hermitas » Wed Oct 16, 2019 9:39 am

AliceKnewIt wrote:I dreamed I saw a large bushy tree from some distance. The tree was full of children who had climbed it, maybe 30 children. They were far enough away that I could not make out their faces, they were silhouettes. The wind was blowing and the branches swayed. Then the children fell out of the tree.

I don't usually disagree with a person's attempt to interpret their own dreams, but I think your interpretation misses the imagery of the wind here. The problem is that the wind is blowing. In my book, it's an image of adversity. Adversity comes, and the wonderful place that the children play starts causing them to fall.

Where in your life do you feel there is a wonderful place that symbolic children go to play? Is it facing adversity? How is it causing children to fall?

I saw the children at the top fall down through the branches. Some of them grabbed a branch on the way down and clung to it. But they could not hold their grip and eventually fell. The tree's branches went all the way down to the ground, so I could not see the children hit the ground, they were hidden in the leaves. Two adults, a man and a woman, went into the tree to rescue the children. They too fell out of the tree, but they emerged from the right side and walked off. I did not see what happened to the children.

Not even grown ups are strong enough to withstand the adversity or prevent the children from falling. I realize I'm just stating the dream back to you in different words, but I'm wondering if a simple rephrase may help you unlock any ideas.

I am guessing that the children are potentials. And that I cannot fulfill every potential I have. I have too many ideas and not enough time for all of them. The two adults, they emerge OK, but without the children. I am not sure what it means exactly.

I almost chose not to respond rather than go against your own instincts about the dream. If what I have said doesn't "click" for you, then please ignore it. It was your dream, not mine. I know exactly what it makes me think of, and that has me really biased about the interpretation at the moment. But again, it was your dream not mine.

I will only say that I think that the image of the wind is key...

"Rock-a-bye baby
on the tree top.
When the wind blows
the cradle will rock.
When the bough breaks,
the cradle will fall.
And down will come Baby,
Cradle and all."

I don't think it's an image of lack of time or resources. It strikes me as a symbol of adversity.

There, I've broken all my usual rules, so fair warning: Your Actual Mileage May Vary.
Hermitas
Nothing
Nothing

Postby AliceKnewIt » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:51 am

Thank you so much. I welcome your ideas, I will think about it.

93 93/93
AliceKnewIt

Return to Dreams & Interpretation