Thelemic Rituals and symbols

Q&A and discussion on the world view encapsulating humanity's current stage of evolution

Moderator: Moderators - Public

Thelemic Rituals and symbols

Postby Lucifer666 » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Do what thou wilt shall be the Whole of the Law ..Greetings brothers and sisters Im new to this forum and Fairly New to Thelema as well Im seeking a book or Webpage whatever the case may be that will help me Gain a better understanding on how to perform all the Different thelemic rituals Im looking for a list of all with details about the purpose is for each individual one and what they can be used for and how theyre be performed and also Something to help me gain a better understanding of all the symbols and everything significant to Thelema I know some and have read Don milos book on crowleys rituals So im familar with the pentagram and hexagram rituals and have attended a few gnostic masses at my local lodge but I know there is alot more for me to learn any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you Cj Love is the Law ,Love under will
Lucifer666
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Re: Thelemic Rituals and symbols

Postby Iamus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:27 am

Lucifer666 wrote:Something to help me gain a better understanding of all the symbols and everything significant to Thelema
Start studying the Holy Books!
I know some and have read Don milos book on crowleys rituals
You meant, I presume, Lon Milo (Duquette)? If you've read several of his books you should have plenty to work with, as well as a good sense of which works of Crowley's to turn to next. And yes, "works": it's going to take a whole lot more than a single book or webpage.
Love is the law, love under will.
Iamus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby Jim Eshelman » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:33 am

Perhaps a humble suggestion of one of my books will help you in what you're seeking? I suggest this:
http://thelema.org/publications/776.html
Yours in L.V.X.,
Jim Eshelman
www.facebook.com/jamesaeshelman
"Success is thy proof: argue not; convert not; talk not overmuch!" - CCXX 3:42
Jim Eshelman
Lost His Marbles

Postby Lucifer666 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:25 pm

Iamus wrote:
Lucifer666 wrote:Something to help me gain a better understanding of all the symbols and everything significant to Thelema
Start studying the Holy Books!
I know some and have read Don milos book on crowleys rituals
You meant, I presume, Lon Milo (Duquette)? If you've read several of his books you should have plenty to work with, as well as a good sense of which works of Crowley's to turn to next. And yes, "works": it's going to take a whole lot more than a single book or webpage.

Yes Sorry I meant Lon Milo* and Ive only read the one book of his so far Im looking for a step by step sort of book with all the thelemic rituals and what can be done with them etc and Ive read the Book of the law what other Holy books exactly are you refering to good sir? Thank you 93 93/93
Lucifer666
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Postby Lucifer666 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:27 pm

Jim Eshelman wrote:Perhaps a humble suggestion of one of my books will help you in what you're seeking? I suggest this:
http://thelema.org/publications/776.html

Thank you Jim Ill look into this might just have to get a copy :) 93 93/93
Lucifer666
Forum Neophyte
Forum Neophyte

Postby Iamus » Fri Sep 28, 2012 2:18 pm

Lucifer666 wrote: Yes Sorry I meant Lon Milo* and Ive only read the one book of his so far Im looking for a step by step sort of book with all the thelemic rituals and what can be done with them etc.
There's no such thing as a book of "all the Thelemic rituals". I did a ritual last night--of my own design--that was Thelemic, and you're not going to find that in any book. Hundreds, thousands, of Thelemites across the world that have been creating rituals for over a century. Some of those rituals have been published in books, some have been put up on the internet. Some are kept private. Some are the secrets of one Order or another... Maybe you're confused about what a "Thelemic ritual" is exactly?

Ive read the Book of the law what other Holy books exactly are you refering to good sir? Thank you 93 93/93
All the "Class A" documents. Most are contained in The Holy Books of Thelema.

Portions of Liber 415, "The paris Working," and Liber 418, "The Vision and the Voice" are class A as well. There's also the short note at the beginning of Liber 963. I highly reccomend "The Vision and the Voice" for investigating Thelemic symbolism (or pick up Jim's Visions & Voices), but start with The Holy Books of Thelema.
Iamus
Gold Member
Gold Member

Postby IAO131 » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:15 pm

93 Lucifer666,

You may find this website useful: http://www.thelemapedia.org/index.php/M ... of_Thelema

93 93/93
There is no law beyond Do what thou wilt
* [IAO131.com] *
IAO131
Silver Member
Silver Member

Return to Thelema