True WIll vs. Magical Will?

Q&A and discussion on the world view encapsulating humanity's current stage of evolution

Moderator: Moderators - Public

True WIll vs. Magical Will?

Postby seekinghga » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:09 am

In Book 4: Part 2 Crowley speaks of the Magical Will. This got me to thinking if there is a difference between that and the True Will. Here are my thoughts on it. "Magick is the science and art of causing change to occur in conformity with will." Therefore, the Magical Will would be "the will to causing change to occur in conformity with will." Thus we can consider the Magical Will to be the conscious application (as opposed to the continuous motivation) of the True Will. There ultimately is no difference between these two, save for pedantry, of course, still I thought it might spur some discussion. Thoughts?

PS
I might not respond right away, but I will. Was that a pun, seekinghga? Such punishment...
"And they that read the book and debated thereon passed into the desolate land of Barren Words. And they that sealed up the book into their blood were the chosen of Adonai, and the Thought of Adonai was a Word and a Deed; and they abode in the Land that the far-off travellers call Naught."
- LXV 5:59
seekinghga
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire
Ultimate Spark of the Intimate Fire

Return to Thelema