01/12/18 - (Heru-Ra-Ha) Liber L., Cap. III, v. 3

Scriptural meditations of the day from the Thelemic canon, with primary emphasis on Liber LXV, Liber VII, and Liber CCXX. (Meditations with no responses after 2 days will be deleted - we want to encourage ACTIVE DISCUSSION.)

Moderator: Moderators - Public

01/12/18 - (Heru-Ra-Ha) Liber L., Cap. III, v. 3

Postby danica » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:21 am

3. Now let it be first understood that I am a god of War and of Vengeance. I shall deal hardly with them.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Re: 01/12/18 - (Heru-Ra-Ha) Liber L., Cap. III, v. 3

Postby danica » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:53 pm

Meditating today on this verse, and approaching it anew, I have to conclude that my own initial perception of it has not changed over the years, it only became more clear that this is so (and especially it became more clear how this is so). This is NOT war or revenge in the sense that we commonly use the words: pertaining to physical/emotional fight or pursuit of hurting another person to "get even". The verse speaks about inner phenomena and experience of initiation.
The words God of War and of Vengeance indicate Manifestation of Justice, and are pointing to the higher qualities of G'boorah. RHK - the One initiating - declares that He shall deal hardly with these qualities, i.e. will apply them with intensity.
"Write, & find ecstasy in writing! Work, & be our bed in working! Thrill with the joy of life & death! Ah! thy death shall be lovely: whoso seeth it shall be glad. Thy death shall be the seal of the promise of our age long love. Come! lift up thine heart & rejoice! We are one; we are none."
danica
Nothing
Nothing

Return to Meditation of the Day - Thelemic Tefilah